Thursday, March 18, 2010

Susanne Sundfør


Susanne Sundfør is getting rave reviews for her new album "The Brothel" (EMI 2010). This is dramatic and beautiful music, and I already posted the title track for your pleasure here!
I downloaded the album, and have no decent cover information (*angry*), but find these musicians: Morten Qvenildd (Susannah, In the Country), Martin Horntveth (Jaga Jazzist), Gard Nilssen (Puma) and Lars Horntveth (Jaga Jazzist), who also produced the album.
Let me just point to the first album "Susanne Sundfør" (2007) too, you may just as well buy both of them.

In fact I heard Susanne Sundfør play something from her new project in Bergen in May 2009, where she worked with artist Kristin Austreid (who probably did the cover). A couple of pictures from the exhibition around here.

And here is "Turkish Delight" from Norwegian TV program Lydverket":

2 comments:

niguevara_nikola said...

Where did you download it from? Could you please upload it on rapidshare or similar? Thanks!

Svenn said...

Hoh! I pay for all my music! I downloaded this one from a Norwegian shop, but it´s on iTunes too. And I never share music either, just the info. Boring old fart? Yes I know.