Friday, May 22, 2009

Nattjazz, Bergen 21 May 2009


Arve Henriksen Trio
Originally uploaded by svennevenn

The audience at The Sardinen in Bergen were spellbound by Arve Henriksen Trio Thursday evening. Henriksen plays his trumpets in all kinds of ways and is a fantastic singer too (sounds Asian, African, Norwegian, and so on)while Eivind Aarset works his guitar and Mac and Jan Bang samples and turns knots. Great trio work. I was hoping for some noisy stuff in between, but if they want to be nice, it's OK with me.

Before I had to run for the bus, I listened to half of Wiik/Dörner/Longberg-Holm/Zanussi's concert. This is a new improband with Håvard Wiik, Per Zanussi, Axel Dörner and Fred Longberg-Holm, and if you Google these guys, I think you'll see they've been around a bit. It sounded quite good actually, but next time give us a smile, say hello, invite us in and don't be so damned serious.

Look for more Nattjazz pictures here

No comments: