Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Want to sing with me?

Just kidding. I always tend to be embarrassed when I'm among people who want everybody to sing along to some home made song for the birthday person, or some old religious traditional song at Christmas. I don't know how it is in the rest of the world, but in Norway everybody seem to sing in an amateur choirs too, and they want you to come to their concerts!
But what now? Brian Eno wants me to sing too! He writes about singing in Resurgence, and argues (pretty good too) that we should start small groups of singers, but not perform (puh!). Listen to Eno: "I believe that singing is the key to long life, a good figure, a stable temperament, increased intelligence, new friends, increased self-confidence, heightened sexual attractiveness, and a sense of humour." Heh!

No comments: