Saturday, December 8, 2007

How was your 2007?

Reading Norwegian newspapers lately, I get the impression that a lot of music journalists agree that 2007 has been a lousy year for new records. The main problem (?) of course, is that the major companies don't produce enough new talents, and they are not able to sell shitloads of pop to the young. For me the problem is, that I have to start taking music intravenously, If I'm going to be able to consume half of what I'd like to! Let's use the example of one of my favorites, the trumpeter Arve Henriksen, and the records he's on in 2007 (there might be more?):
Per Eriksen "Beat Repeat" (Curling Legs)
Frode Haltli "Passing Images" (ECM)
Arve Henriksen: "Strjon" (Rune Grammofon)
Sinikka Langeland "Starflowers" (ECM)
Listen! "Listen!" (Schmell)
The Norwegian Wind Ensemble "Sketches Of Spain" (Norwind)
Live Maria Roggen "Circuit Songs" (Jazzland)
Christian Wallumrød "The Zoo Is Far" (ECM)
Supersilent "8" (Rune Grammofon)
David Sylvian "When Loud Weather Buffeted Naoshima" (Samadhisound)

No comments: